| Pre-Reception | Reception | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4 | Year 5 | Year 6
During this week at Sherborne House school, we have been exploring the theme, ‘Change Starts With Us’ as part of the National Anti-bullying week.
The children have embarked on a variety of exciting and thought-provoking activities during daily dedicated lessons throughout the week to recognise and challenge bullying behaviour wherever it happens, whether face to face or in cyberspace.
We held a daily focus and these have enhanced our children's understanding in many areas:
- Our children understand that bullying is repeated unwanted behaviour.
- Our children understand that everyone should feel safe at school - and at home - and have considered ways of making these places happier for everyone
- Our children understand that we are all individuals and that we are all unique.
- Our children understand the importance of respect the importance of identifying and combatting discrimination
- Our children have gained an understanding of anti-bullying strategies (including those on-line).
Questions asked were 'What is bullying? and ‘How can we make places happier for ourselves and each other? ‘ and ‘What can we do if we feel vulnerable/uncomfortable in a situation?’ and ‘Who can we talk to?’ In addition, the children were reminded that it is responsible to be respectful just like one of our Learning Powers - Raj the Responsible Raccoon.
Our activities during the week were also complemented by a special assembly on Tuesday which helped to reinforce the anti-bullying message and that ‘Change starts here, Change starts now and Change starts with us.’
Great hilarity ensued on Wednesday when children and staff wore odd socks into school. A fun competition was held in each year group as to who was wearing the silliest odd socks! The wearing of odd socks helped our children understand that we are all unique and differences should be celebrated.
Well done to all pupils and staff for all their hard work throughout the week reinforcing the 'Change Starts With Us' anti-bullying message.
‘Together we can challenge bullying. Change starts with a conversation. It starts with checking in. It starts with working together. It starts with us.’